Unfortunately, we currently do not have an installer made for the most recent version of Project M. Please use the ZIP file instead.
Note: The Project M team does not support piracy, and the officially supported methods all require a legitimate copy of the game. Additionally, the Project M team does not support any modification to the Wii system, and encourages users to use the "Hackless" method of loading.
FULL SET VS. WIFI-SAFE
The Full Codeset takes advantage of all that Project M has to offer. However, for WiFi and replays to function properly, the WiFi-Safe set must be used. The WiFi-Safe set does not differentiate between L/R lightpress and full press or have C-stick buffering, nor does it have Stock Control or Stage Strike. The PMBR recommends you play with the Full Codeset unless you're specifically using WiFi/Replays. You may switch between these two builds simply by replacing RSBE01.gct, the menu2 folder, and the system folder.
REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY
- The downloads below are for NTSC Brawl Discs and Wii's only. Japanese users, click here. PAL users: there is currently no release for PAL.
- Your SD card must be **less than or equal to 2 GigaBytes** in capacity to use Project M. If your SD card exceeds 2GB, you can use Riivolution if your Wii is softmodded. **Note:** The Project M installation includes both music and textures as part of the standard package. If you have custom content on your card, it will be overwritten.
GET THE DEMO!
Please follow the instructions below. Note: The instructions are for Hackless method. If you're using a hacked method, simply extract the files to your SD card then boot Homebrew and select Gecko OS/Riivolution.
- Delete any custom Brawl stage files on your Wii and SD Card! Don't assume that because you haven't made any there aren't any; 3 custom stages are included with a new savefile of Brawl.
- Unzip the file and open the folder that comes out.
- Move the contents of that folder to your SD Card.
- Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder.
- Gecko OS will launch; select Launch Game.
- You will see a straploader saying Project M Demo v2.6b. Additionally, if your menu image looks like the image below, then go ahead and play and enjoy Project M!
Example of correct menu image
If you are having any trouble with the installers (i.e. your game isn't loading the hackless option or the menus/character edits are not showing up, first read our official troubleshooting guide. If after you've gone through the guide and you are still having problems, join us in our IRC chatroom for support!
Dantarion, GHNeko, VGBC aisight, VGBC Isatis, SpoonrNova, Strong Bad, and Arcalyth for hosting the download mirrors for all of the Project M files.